Sometimes the days go slowly, but the months go quickly.
Most of us probably launched right into the Christmas season after Thanksgiving.
There is still one more week of November! There is one more week of fall! Take a moment to unravel the calendar – November, October, September – to unwrap the blessings of how God has moved in your life this fall.
Look back as you move ahead!
When you reflect on the last 3 months:
- How have you been relating to God? To others? Has anything changed?
- Which Bible verse has continually shifted to the forefront of your mind? What is the key message God is impressing upon you with that verse?
- What piece of encouragement did you receive that you want to pass on to others?
- Is there a phrase from one prayer you heard that keeps ringing in your ears?
- What do you sense Jesus inviting you to do? What are you going to do about that?
The Women at First Church meet weekly around tables to discuss, to listen, to laugh, to study God’s Word, and to pray. This fall God has done His work in us and through us. The changes may seem subtle if we just compare one day to another, but when we look back over the months, we are different than when we started.
God is molding us, like a potter molds the clay. His ways are purposeful, careful, creative, and gentle yet firm enough to get the right effect, because He knows what He is preparing us for in the months to come, He knows how He is going to use us.
The Lord’s words to Jeremiah apply to you as well:
“As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.” (Jeremiah 18:6)